If women have equal leadership ability, why are they so under-represented at the top in business and society? Why are we still living in a world where virtually all the top jobs are occupied by men? And why do we accept it? Gill Whitty-Collins asks these questions in her book, Why Men Win at Work, and provides some answers for us in today's episode.
Some topics of discussion include:
- The current state of gender inequality in leadership and politics
- The (often) invisible forces that perpetuate the problem
- Likeability and perfectionist syndrome
- What men, businesses, and communities stand to gain with more equal workplaces
- Practical tips for women navigating these spaces
- Actionable steps for men, businesses, media, and more!
Powered by The Trouble Club: use the code STORY25 to get 25% off all Trouble ticket sales and membership payments
Transcription is available here
Mentioned in the episode:
- MARC: Men Advocating for Real Change
- Daisy Jones and The Six - Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Invisible Women - Caroline Criado Perez
Sign up to Gill’s newsletter: https://gillwhittycollins.com/join
Become a Patron for access to bonus content and to support the podcast, or buy me a (metaphorical) coffee
Follow along: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Tik Tok | Youtube | LinkedIn
Subscribe to the newsletter
Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts - and be sure to rate and review to help other people find us!
Explore The Story of Woman book recommendations in the US and the UK - purchases support the podcast AND local bookstores 🤩